Monday, January 16, 2012

Night Chant

Music appeals to people because they "catch" our interest and are easy to remember because of this.  Growing up I learned to look for a certain beat, rhyme, or count in poetry.  Putting some type of beat behind poetry makes it more interesting to read and interpret.  However, I was unable to do so  while reading the night chant.  Therefore, I was left with a very empty feeling about this writing.  It caught no interest of mine and the words alone made me feel like it was creating a false sense of reality.  The chant asked for so much from one thing.  The person is asking for rainbows, happiness, youth, and much more.  This poem had so much going on and repeated itself so much that I find myself skipping over words and only paying attention to the ones that are different.  Unable to pay attention to the poem altogether I am slightly confused the ultimate meaning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment