Saturday, February 25, 2012

FANCYDANCING

Trailer for "The Business of Fancydancing"


"The Business of Fancydancing" provided me with a new insight about the American Indian culture.  Overall, the movie was not one of my favorites.  The movie was very choppy and presented the facts in a fashion that I did not find interesting to follow.  The movie would be in the present time then flip to a flashback very often, then ocassionally switch to a moment of dancing and chanting.  Although it presented moments of heartfelt moments that touched the heart, I am not a super emotional person so the movie did not keep my attention.  I also found the movie to be very provacative, the language and open sexuality of the movie made me feel uncomfortable. 
The movie was about Seymour, the main character, conflict between his heritage and his life with his white boyfriend.  The movie begins as Seymour returns to the reservation for the funeral of his friend Mouse.  His friends from the reservation begin to question his motivations for writing his poems and making them public.They say that their culture should not be open to the public

No comments:

Post a Comment